BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, August 10, 2009

Good Ol' Washington with a little Canada!

So, for the past two weeks I made my bi-annual trek to my home state of Washington. It was great to be with my family. As many of you know I am aspiring to make sewing a hobby, what be a trip home to the big city without fabric. The Seattle area is a fabric and sewing accessories gold mine. I wish I had the daily access to fabric stores as Seattleites do. I am sew, haha, excited to get sewing. Also, while in Seattle my family rode the Duck. Next, I head to Puyallup. I was able to visit and meet the new babies of the family Troy and Sebastian, they are so cute. I was also able to spend some time with my grandparents, cousins, aunts and uncles. One of the highlights of my trip was visiting my brother, Tyler, and his fiance, Kim, in Olympia.





We went kayaking in Capital Lake and went to Red Robin for dinner; which end-up being free because our food ticket got lost. On Thursday Claudia, my stepmom, and I left on the Victoria Clipper for Victoria, Cananda. I got use my passport! We stayed at the Historic Fairmont Empress. At the hotel restaurant, we ate the best steak I have ever had. Friday, we visited the Historic Butchart Gardens. I have never seen a garden more diversely landscaped it was beautiful. Saturday we went to the Royal BC Museum. They had a touring exhibit entitled Treasures. The exhibit had the Lewis Chessmen that inspired the Wizards Chess pieces in Harry Potter and the Sorcer's Stone. It was a very eventful trip and it is always fun to be with my family.

0 comments: